Monday, November 13, 2006

Oooh...i almost forgot!

So I see the Y trainer today, I think her name is Melissa.  Anyway, she stops by and says, “Hey, you took a week off!”  So I tell her the whole story.  After my hour is up I’m walking back and I stop by and I ask her, “Why, when I ran, I kept my heart rate up and exerted the exact same amount of energy during my little walk/run thing and I burned the same 750 calories, which is what I do every day, why did it hurt so freaking bad?  Why did running on the ground make it so difficult if I did the same amount of work?  It doesn’t make sense!”

She explained that it’s a lot easier in the gym, even the treadmill has lots of give, so it’s easier to exercise.  My thought is SCREW THAT, I’m never running outside again, that is freaking ridiculous!!!  She laughed and said, “It’s really hard on your joints.  You just need to lose a little more weight and running will be great.”

I looked at her and said, “A little weight?  Yeah right!  How about a LOT of weight!”  She laughed and said that she doesn’t like to be discouraging so she says, “a little weight” but yes, “a lot of weight.”

Good times.  Fat men should not run.

No comments: