Monday, November 13, 2006

Day...what the heck is today? Day 27

Well, running took it out of me!  Thursday, Friday, and most of the day Saturday I spent limping around.  My legs were absolutely killing me.  I was dropping Advil like it was Halloween candy but to no effect!

So I didn’t exercise.  I didn’t even realize till Friday that I still could have done some upperbody weight training even though my legs were killing me.  Of course, at 5:00 am I was just thinking about how much I hurt.  At least I know for next time.

And my eating sucked.  Which is bittersweet.  I found out that I’m really not missing much with my new healthy plan of eating.  The other food didn’t satisfy like I thought it would.  It was just…heavy.

So I hit the ol’ oatmeal this morning and an hour and 750 calories of cardio.  I so didn’t want to do it.  I was just dreading it.  Even to the point of stepping on the treadmill I was trying to talk myself out of it.  But I didn’t.  And I felt great.  It’s good to be back.

This Wednesday I turn in another update to the Wichita Eagle so that’ll be fun.  I doubt I’ve lost much more weight since the past four days have sucked, but every pound counts and I feel great!

No comments: