Wednesday, November 15, 2006

My update for the Eagle

Alright, here is what I gave Karen at the Eagle. When it comes out in the paper I’ll post it.

 

1) How much have you lost?

 

[Ken] 23 pounds!!!!! (really, in the last 28 days!  You don't have to print that  ;^)  )

 

2) How are you going to get through Thanksgiving? (If it's at your house, what will you do differently? If you're going someplace, what will you do to keep from undoing all your hard work?)

 

[Ken] I'm going to keep doing what's been getting me here, counting my calories and keeping it to 1500, choosing wisely which means smaller portions and healthier options, and exercising for 45-90 minutes each day!  I also joined the YMCA's battle of the bulge to help keep me accountable too through the holidays and the year.

 

3) What have you "discovered" that helps with the weight-loss journey? I've found that Starbucks Low-Fat Frappucino Bars will get me through a chocolate fix. My editor, who has been slowly losing for quite a while now, said salsa and Egg Beaters (for lack of a better generic term) are her salvation. What things have you "discovered"?

 

[Ken] I eat this Quaker brand weight loss oatmeal in the morning and it keeps me satisfied until I eat lunch.  Also Olive Garden has a Chicken Giardino that is REALLY good and low in calories.  Spangle's has a 40 calorie sugar free jell-o, I just wish it was less than a buck!  And Spangle's fat free chicken on pita, is okay too.  Subway is a good lunch too.  There are all kinds of great options available for anyone who wants to do this!

 

 

 

 

No comments: