Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Day 7 Wrap Up...The hardest choice so far

So I kicked but in the cycling class and really pushed it hard.  All I had to eat was oatmeal and light fare at chipotle.  When I got home Jen was cooking meatballs.  Man, she is such a good cook!  She was very patient and kind and loving while I tried to figure out how many calories was in each meatball.  After what seemed like eternity it came out to around 122 calories each.  Knowing that including the banana I was munching on right then, I still had 800 some odd calories for dinner.  So at first I decided that I could have 6 meatballs.  But I want some green beans and they are cheap.  But then came the decision:

Sidebar:  We have this great family at church named the Williams’.  Their oldest daughter Cassia makes some mean bread called Bird Seed Bread.  Man, it is so good!  The bread makes a mess, but it’s hard to beat toasted with butter.  Being that it is homemade bread I don’t have a clue how many calories are in it.  I looked at our butter and it’s 70 calories for 1 TB.  So I figure I can get away with 1 tsp for 1/3 of the calories…uhhh….no.  I don’t think so.

So here I am with a 200 calorie awesome bread and butter.  Well, I have to have one so I decide I’ll only have 5 meatballs.  But I still have the green beans to account for so I’ll only have 4 meatballs. 

I put three on my plate.  Polish them off, the bird seed toast, and about 2 cups of green beans.  I count up my calories.  I’m still under.  I can squeeze in a meatball or I can go over with toast…

So I made the decision.  Toast.  I’m sure it wasn’t the wisest choice, but I think I would have cried and felt the restriction.  I think it was a little mini battle won of rewarding myself.  Yesterday completed the first time ever that I had exercised 5 out of 7 days and kept myself to 1500 calories each day.  Hooray.  My reward is toast.

 

No comments: