Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Biggest Loser Comes to Wichita



Being a Biggest Loser junkee, when I heard the "show" was coming to Wichita, one of the fattest cities in America, I knew I had to check it out. I took some pics, but I was upstairs. Sorry they aren't better. And no, this isn't me or my family in these pics.

Today "they" were at Town East Mall here in town. The two "stars"? Julie and Jim from last season.


They are at the mall today and tomorrow from 11 am - 6 pm (I think). We got there after 1 pm and man, talk about lines!!! They were set up kind of in four different stations or quadrants with long lines for three of them.

The biggest line, of course, was to meet Jim and Julie. It snaked around and was filled with a bunch of people. Jim and Julie seemed really great. They took pictures with people, gave people hugs, and talked and talked and talked. It didn't seem like there was anyone really pushing the line. People could talk to them as long as they wanted to.

And props to Jim and Julie! With all kinds of people coming up to them, hugging them like long lost friends, they seemed, as long as I was there, to genuinely greet each person with a smile, handshake or hug.


The show had a couple photographers up to take pics of people meeting Jim and Julie. And they had a table of autographed pics from the Finale, along with the two new DVDs (tried to find them afterwards at Best Buy and Target but had no luck) and the new BL training book.





Jim (still looking slim) and Julie (in a slimming black outfit) were autographing the DVDs, book, and pics and it seemed like they were just giving them away to the people who got to meet them. I thought that was pretty cool. I had my whole fam with me and we weren't going to wait 90 minutes, which is why I don't know for sure they were giving them away.


The other stations consisted of three notebook computers set up back to back to back (like a triangle) on a bar table so people could sign up for the Million Pound Match Up. For those of us tired of product placement, you'll appreciate this. What was between all three notebook computers in the center of the table? A big bucket of Wrigley Extra! Neil would have had a hey day!


The other two stations consisted of a table with some staff who were taking people's height, weighing them, etc. The last station was taking the "before" picture.


Pretty cool. I hope I can make it back tomorrow. I have to work so I doubt it. I'd LOVE to get my hands on those two new DVD's and be able to chat with Jim and Julie. Eh, there's always myspace, I suppose.

No comments: