Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Here's a quick update...

Had to do an update for the Wichita Eagle today. Here are the answers to my questions:


1) Have you lost weight? If so, how much? If not, what has held you back?

[Ken] I don't know. Haven't weighed in for over a week. I keep getting comments that my face looks thinner, my stomache looks smaller, etc. So...I think so. Some of my answer relates to my next answer...


2) Have you exercised? If so, how often? If not, what has held you back?

[Ken] I haven't exercised in over a week. At least not your traditional exercise. I'm really not trying to add suspense. Last week I spent Wed-Fri roofing a house and let me tell you, good night! That is some stinking exercise!!! Man, was it tough! So I'm hoping I lost some weight from doing that. The stress of getting all my work done so that I could take off time from work to roof that house held me back. But now that it's done, I'm hoping to be back this week!


3) Overall, how have things gone? Are you getting used to smaller portions
or fewer calories (or whatever other approach you're using)?

[Ken] One of the big things I struggle with is the idea that because I have to eat smaller portions, I'm some how missing out on something really good. Which brings back LOADS of memories as a kid, being deprived of ice cream and cookies. So that when I was an adult, I could finally have these things I was missing out on, and I was afraid of never getting it again. I know that sounds lame, but it is what is in my mindset all the time.

I haven't used my food log yet. I keep thinking that it's too much work....But I know that it'll help. So I need to get on it.

Are you getting support and encouragement from people around you?

[Ken] Tons. All the time. Way cool.

Have you had anyone say, "Hey, aren't you the one in the newspaper?"

[Ken] A few people. I've gotten some phone calls too, that were kind of strange. But one was from a friend who used to be a trainer and he told me that he'd help me meet my goal free of charge! So that is WAY awesome!


Are you feeling more energetic? Better overall? Or worse?

[Ken] I feel great! Even not excercising, my mental state is really good.

4) Anything else you'd like folks to know.

[Ken] Thanks for all the encouragement! Making a life change is really difficult, but with all the people encouraging us, man, that is so helpful!

No comments: